GD427 MK IV

GD427 MK IV
What my car should look like when finished - Stoneleigh 2015

Monday 18 January 2016

Front Suspension

I have managed to assemble the front suspension.  I opted for the rose jointed wishbones, as I felt I would prefer a more adjustable set-up to future proof the car.  Probably once set, they won't be adjusted again!

I had to get my dad to help put the spring on the shock since I couldn't quite manage to compress the spring.  I could have used spring compressors, but it just needed a little bit of persuasion.

A fairly straight forward install, however you have to make sure that the hub with the left hand thread nut (kindly marked by Andy at GD) is installed on the right hand side of the car.

The lower ball joints were pressed in using a hydraulic press, but I have no photos of that.

I am hoping to start installing the brake lines now that I have received my tube benders.  I have the rear callipers and discs, but I don't have the AP racing front brakes yet.  I have asked Andy for the aluminium mounting blocks for the callipers so at least it the hub assemblies can be fully bolted up for the moment.





No comments:

Post a Comment