GD427 MK IV

GD427 MK IV
What my car should look like when finished - Stoneleigh 2015

Monday 7 March 2016

Engine / gearbox is in!

For trying to decide how my fuel pipes would run, I thought it would be a good idea to fit the engine and gearbox to see what space there is for the pipes.

My initial idea is that I would put the assembly in and then mark up where I need to drill for the mounts, then take the assembly out again.

My dad came over for a visit and he helped me get the engine assembly in.  Not too much work using the engine crane.

Once the assembly was in, it looked like I could access the mounting holes without much problem, so I think I will leave the engine in!

The only draw back was that because I thought I was going to remove the assembly again, I didn't put in the propshaft.  This cannot go in if the diff and engine/gearbox are in!  I then thought it was much easier to lower the diff, install the propshaft, and raise the diff again.  That is what I did.

I need to finally bolt up the engine mounts, propshaft and diff.




No comments:

Post a Comment