GD427 MK IV

GD427 MK IV
What my car should look like when finished - Stoneleigh 2015

Sunday 17 April 2016

Alternator

I bought a new alternator from Motorsport-Tools which is what GD use at the factory I believe.  The mounting holes perfectly line up to the front of the LS block, apart from 8mm spacers are required and a small section of aluminium is required to be ground out of the block.

I held the alternator up to the block and marked the area that required to be ground away.  I used my proxxon cutter to remove the material.


I then had to make up some aluminium spacers so that the belt pulleys lined up.  These were made to a size of 20mm O/D, 10mm hole and 8mm deep.

M10 stainless bolts were used to bolt the alternator to the block.




I used some string to measure the length of required belt.  With the tensioner at it's tightest the length was 1290mm.  With the tensioner in it's resting position it was 1350mm.  It is a 6 rib belt required so I will try one and see what fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment