GD427 MK IV

GD427 MK IV
What my car should look like when finished - Stoneleigh 2015

Friday 29 April 2016

Fuel System

I am pondering over what fuel system to use, and I am swaying towards an Aeromotive system with dual in-tank pumps.

I have decided to run 1/2" kunifer supply and return lines to future proof the system.  Initially I was going to install the engine / gearbox to see how the fuel lines could be run and then remove them to give me some space to drill mounting holes etc.

Once the engine and gearbox were in, then I thought I could run the lines and drill all the necessary brackets.  This has been proved possible, but with hindsight I maybe should have taken the engine and gearbox out again!

I managed to feed the lines in from the engine bay right through to the diff.  I then bent the lines into position and using rubber lined stainless p-clips and stainless spacers, I fastened them to the chassis.








I have fabricated one bracket to piggy back the two p-clips.  I still need to make another one...  I used a self clinch stud so the back of the bracket can remain flush to the 2nd p-clip.




I have bought some hard line to -8AN compression fittings which I will figure out where to finally cut the kunifer line and swage the fittings.  I will have to alter the mounts at each end to ensure that the fittings are accessible.

That will be tomorrow's job...



No comments:

Post a Comment