GD427 MK IV

GD427 MK IV
What my car should look like when finished - Stoneleigh 2015

Thursday 7 July 2016

Gearbox Bellhousing Openings

The bellhousing between the engine and gearbox has a few openings in it.  This must be a somewhat universal bellhousing, since there are openings for a mechanical clutch fork on both sides.  I can also see the flywheel on the N/S.  I am waiting for a starter to come, so I am not sure if there is a gap on the O/S.  Covers need to be put in place to prevent stones and debris coming in contact with the flywheel and clutch.

I am going to use aluminium to make up covers.  I have made up one so far, and have fixed it to the gearbox by drilling and tapping out for M4 button head screws.  I used a hoover to keep down on swarf.  I have started with the easy one, and the others will require a little more sculpting..





No comments:

Post a Comment