GD427 MK IV

GD427 MK IV
What my car should look like when finished - Stoneleigh 2015

Thursday 7 July 2016

Radiator Cooling Fan

I have fitted the cooling fan to the aluminium radiator using the supplied stainless steel brackets.  This involved carefully drilling small holes into the aluminium frame and I used M4 stainless button head screws and nylock nuts.  The fan is a single 16" which I was told by GD that this had more flow than the twin fan option.

I am not 100% sure of the direction of flow yet, I will only find out when I connect in the wiring loom.


I will mount the radiator to the chassis once the heater pipework has been fitted to give me some room.  I am waiting on parts coming from GD, and I am going to attempt to make up my own heater pipes using stainless tubing and silicone hoses.  I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Johnathan... What size fuse are you using for your fan? I have the same fan and want to make sure I'm using the same one.

    Steve Hughes

    ReplyDelete