GD427 MK IV

GD427 MK IV
What my car should look like when finished - Stoneleigh 2015

Friday 12 August 2016

Exhaust Preparation

To be able to fit the underslung exhausts I had two choices due to the fact that the chassis is sitting on tressels since there is no way of mounting the exhaust.

I could put wheels on and lower the chassis to the ground, however this would limit the space underneath to work with the exhaust.

I opted for placing blocks under the chassis, raising it up by 100mm, but leaving a gap for the exhaust to pass through.  I cut up some wood and held the blocks on the tressel using two pieces of 3/4" plywood and multiple screws.  It is still solid to work on, only a little bit higher.

Perhaps if building another, the steel tressels could be designed to incorporate this gap to allow the exhausts to pass through.

I will dry fit the exhaust system to ensure it all works before sealing each joint and fitting the clamps.






No comments:

Post a Comment