GD427 MK IV

GD427 MK IV
What my car should look like when finished - Stoneleigh 2015

Monday 16 January 2017

Fuel System - Continued

I managed to find some time over the Christmas holidays to work in the garage.  I started by installing the new fuel rails that I bought from Aeromotive.  These were easy to install, just unbolted the old ones and using the same bolts, re-bolted down.


I then removed the copper / nickel fuel pipe that I previously installed, and ran in the new PTFE lined Stainless Steel Braid hose from Goodridge (811).  Speaking with the Aeromotive Technical Department, with the twin Stealth fuel pumps that I will be using, he recommended the use of -10 hose for the supply, and -8 for the return as per the schematic below:



I initially thought about running the -10 to the centre of the bulkhead and installing the Y-piece just on the chassis (as per the below photo), but after looking at regulator placement and the ECU harness, I have decided to place the Y-Piece under the tunnel panel and have the two separate -8 hoses running to either fuel rail.





I had to remove the bracket that I have installed, and I am going to make a bracket to hold the Y-piece further back (photos to follow).  The hoses to the rear were clipped to the original mounting points and I will sort out the final run once the body is trial fitted.





No comments:

Post a Comment