I also changed the route of some of the wires to make a T shape behind the engine rather than a +.
I made some stainless steel brackets to hold the Bosch sensor connectors. These were cut from 2.5mm stainless plate and a square hole was made and the connectors are an interference fit to prevent the connectors from falling out. These were bolted to the engine block with M6 set screws.
I received the proper connectors for the knock sensors. These were ACDelco PT #2652 to go with the LS Gen IV Sensors (GM #12570125). I cut off the old ones from the loom to shorten the cables to neaten the installation.
The fuel hose fittings just need to be tightened to finalize, but overall I think it looks like a neat job and I am happy with it. For now............