GD427 MK IV

GD427 MK IV
What my car should look like when finished - Stoneleigh 2015

Wednesday 28 June 2017

Fuel Tank Modification

You may remember that I said about modifying my fuel tank to accept the Aeromotive Phantom system for my twin pump setup (here).  I played around with some templates to ensure that the tank could still fit into the boot through the opening.  This is quite tight, but with some cardboard and string attached to the GD tank, I managed to find a shape that could still fit in to the boot, and fit the Phantom baffle / basket.

You can see from the pictures, the folded pieces temporarily attached show the proposed profile.  This was tested in the boot and it just fits.  I obviously have to sacrifice some boot space, but at least I may be able to travel further with the added fuel capacity!  I just need to fabricate the entire back of the tank along with new sides.  This will be leak tested once complete.




A quick reminder of what the Phantom baffle / Basket looks like:












No comments:

Post a Comment