The VDO sender came with a rubber gasket and I used stainless M5 button head set screws with spring washers.
For information, the VDO sender showed 85.5 Ohms when empty, and 4.2 Ohms when Full. I may need this when ordering gauges!
I then thought I had better service test the fuel system before fitting the body. The y-piece fuel fitting under the transmission cover being the one of most concern.
I put some hose fittings onto the end of the fuel hose at the rear and connected up the supply hose, with the return temporarily going into a waste tank to flush the lines. The tank was then filled with some fuel - enough to feed the pump.
I opened the garage door to ensure there was plenty of ventilation before connecting the pump directly to a battery. I pulsed the pump a little, just to ensure there were no leaks anywhere. Once I was happy, then I let some more petrol flow into the waste tank. I then connected the pump to run full time.
There were no leaks!! My son ensured I had not missed any.
I then tweaked the fuel pressure regulator to reach the required pressure of 58psi. This may be tweaked later on when on a dyno, but this is now set.
Very happy with the fuel system, so shut off the pump, and drained down what I could of the fuel lines. This now means my garage smells of petrol..... And my clothes....